Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Wow! What a day! I must say, I am BEAT! I got up this morning at 7:30, and have been going non-stop ever since. I will say this - today was a success! My goal was to try and make today a nice memory for my children, and I think they really enjoyed the day. Another success was that my turkey I made...AMAZING! I was a little worried about it since it was only the second turkey I have ever made. My first one was when I hosted Thanksgiving 12 years ago for my in-laws the month Don and I got married. It was a disaster, and every year after that I MADE SURE I was not responsible for the bird. Well...this year I ended up with said responsibility. So, I did my homework, and passed the test! It was so juicy and YUMMY!


Well I wasn't planning on this being a long post, I really just wanted to hop on here and add to my list of things I was thankful for. Today, on Thanksgiving I am thankful for my salvation. I often find myself wondering how God could love us in spite of our (my) sinful nature, and just the fact that he does blows my mind! For a long time in my life I thought God was an unapproachable, easily angered kind of God that I could only go to if I was good and needed something. But I have come to realize that He is the opposite! HE LOVES ME! He thinks I'm awesome! I may never completely comprehend the depth of His love for me, but that's OK. Just the fact that He is ALWAYS there for me to run to and that I can go to Him anytime for anything is amazing to me.

...and so the short post has become a semi long post! Oh well, that's OK. I will be signing off for now, but will return again tomorrow with some pictures from our holiday. Until then...sleep well. I know I will!

No comments: