Friday, November 20, 2009

My Christmas Budget Challenge

Well, I am just about finished with Christmas shopping. This year I gave my frugal little self a budget challenge. I decided that I was going to get what the kids wanted on their Christmas list, but I was not going to spend more than $10 for each gift. That has become a HUGE challenge...but not impossible! I have been able to get $30 gifts that they asked for-for as little as $5!! Between sales, coupons, and REBATES I am rising to the challenge, and succeeding!

I will admit, I was a little worried when I saw things like MP3 players on ALL FOUR lists, BUT it is all coming along just fine! I am VERY happy about that, and I am thinking we are going to be having some VERY HAPPY children Christmas morning!

2 comments:

Brown Family Blog said...

with the money that you saved with the $5 gifts are you putting it towards the higher priced item like the MP3 player?

Jennu22 said...

Yes, that is what I am doing. Between that, coupons, and sales it's working out beautifully! Yesterday I made a killing! I bought TWO gifts which would have cost $19 originally for both...I paid $1.47 for BOTH!