Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Week - Day 3

Day Three:

My girls have been playing Christmas Music non-stop since they discovered the "Holly" station on XM radio. Today, it was on...again, and a song that I have heard DOZENS of times really stuck out to me. I never took too much notice to the words, but today I did.

The one line from that song that is stuck in my head is,
Have a very Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year,
Let's Hope it's a good one,
Without any fear.

This brings me to what I am thankful for today. Today I am thankful for God's protection on my family. There are so many people these days living in fear for one reason or another, whether it is far away in another country or close to us here at home.

My children are healthy and happy, as am I and Don. My parents and brother and sisters are all healthy and happy, as is all my in laws, nieces, and nephews. God has kept us all safe this year, and my heart has has been filled with gratitude for that today.

No comments: